Closing Date: 29/05/2011
Sri Lanka Telecom PLC is one of the most valuable blue-chip companies in the country with an annual turnover in excess of Rs. 50 billion. The company has been ranked by Standard & Poor's and Fitch Ratings for International Ratings earning a B+ and National Long+Term rating “AAA (lka)” respectively. Today, Sri Lanka Telecom caters to over five and a half million customers by providing unmatched services and facilities in areas of voice, data, video, and mobile.
Sri Lanka Telecom PLC is looking for dynamic, results-oriented individuals for the following positions in the organisation.
CAREERS IN ACCOUNTING
Positions: Assistant Accountants
You will be engaged in a range of tasks in financial and management accounting in a highly IT-backed work environment. Sri Lanka Telecom has islandwide operations and you will be placed in the regional offices in the North and East Provinces to help lead our regional financial functions in those areas.
- Intermediate qualifications of ICA / CIMA / ACCA with two years work experience.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Sinhala / Tamil language.
- Willingness to work either in the North or Eastern Province and to take the challenges in an ever changing working environment.
- Possess team work and interpersonal skills.
- The upper age limit is 30 years.
- Appointments will be on contract basis (in the category of Senior Executive Assistant Accountant in SLT) for a period of three (03) years. If your performance and commitment reach our expectations, we may consider you for further extension of contract or permanent appointment after the initial service period on contract.
- Competitive salary and other fringe benefits on par with industry standards
- Clear and progressive career path and continuous professional development.
- Selection will be made based on a written examination and an interview.
Method of Application – Complete application together with copies of birth, educational and other certificates should be sent by post within 14 days of this advertisement to the Chief Human Resources Officer, Sri Lanka Telecom PLC, Lotus Road, Colombo 1 or email to email@example.com with attachments or all scanned copies of original certificates. Applications without supporting documents will not be entertained.
Prescribed application format is dowanloadable at SLT's corporate websitewww.slt.lk
the post applied for should be marked on the top left-hand corner of the envelope or subject line of the email.
Sri Lanka Telecom PLC is an equal opportunity employer and any type of canvassing will be disqualified.